The articles of the association were approved by the general meeting of Belgeco, novembre 17th, 2020, and filed in April 2021 in Flemish and in French. It was translated in German as well.
Here is the mission/vision of BelgEco (GEN-Belgium), translated to English:
BelgEco’s vision mission is to create and promote international links (including with the members of the G.E.N. network) and national links with eco-communities based in Belgium that are intentionally and participatively designed and locally anchored.
The concrete activities through which the association achieves its objectives include those of its member eco-communities and pursue the following (the list below is exemplary and not exhaustive):
Develop relationships aimed at both promoting and disseminating as well as supporting new eco-communities, exchanging information and reflection on shared interests and concerns, and effective cooperation among members in response to specific economic, social, cultural and ecological needs of all or part of these eco-communities. The association also wants to defend the interests of all member eco-communities.
In addition, the association can propagate and promote the following values:
– Living in respect and harmony with nature and according to sustainable development
– Ecological agriculture;
– Cooperative, ecological and collective living spaces;
– Community living where resources are shared to reduce environmental impact;
– Ecological building and living;
– Integration in the neighborhood and cooperation with the local community;
– An open, solidary and welcoming attitude towards external parties;
– Setting up solidarity eco-community projects for people in socially vulnerable situations;
– Establishing exchange and cooperation links with like-minded structures in Europe and beyond; …
Translation in German: