GEN-BE Spring Weekend
12 + 13 + 14 may (friday 17h – sunday 17h)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Together we are building a more connected, sustainable society with local resilient communities under the theme:
- A weekend full of meeting, connection, inspiration, exchange and creation.
- The spring weekend is primarily for already existing communities and their needs.
- We invite, among others, Ad Vlems, leader of the Dutch Ecodorp Boekel, a world-class example.
- Workshops will take place and space will be created for everyone present.
-> follow this link:
inschrijvingsformulier (Ned) or formulaire d’inscription (Fra)
(same links at the end of this page)
BelgEco vzw/asbl, Belgian branch of GEN Europe
Herberg het Klokhuis in Borgloon, (link to website in Dutch)
Co-creation is a key element for both start-ups and existing communities. Co-creation is the way from dream to setting goals to realization and then further evolution. Shaping this together is a crucial element, both for emerging and existing eco-communities. The same goes for the communities network.
During this weekend you will get to know what it takes to work on this and at the same time we will co-create the further developments in BelgEco and its activities. There will be presentations, exchanges, testimonies of communities, questioning and answers, etc. … and some aspects are deepened.
The program as it is now (to be completed):
Both languages, French and Dutch will be used, where needed translations will be provided, sometimes with the help of English terms. Some workshops will be splitted into French and Dutch subgroups. On arrival we will ask you which language you understand (good / a little / not at all) and we will adapt as much as possible according to this.
– Come by bike if possible (safe bike parking) or use public transport
– There will be a car shuttle from bus stop (1300m – 15 minutes walk) if needed
– If you come by car you can do car sharing (see link in the mail you will receive after inscription)
– All meals are vegetarian. In the inscription form you can also choose vegan. Ingredients are organic and as local as possible.
– Inside: in communal rooms (8 to 16 people), individual bed (in bunk beds)
– Outside on a lawn: in your own tent, with your mattress and sleeping bag
The meeting rooms, some beds and sanitary facilities are accessible to people with a disability (if necessary, please mention it when registering).
– for the meals: plate (and/or bowl), cup, cutlery
– you can bring your tent (for privacy and against snorers)
– for the evenings or somewhere in between: music instruments, voice, talents
– no domestic (nor wild) animals
adress = Herberg Het Klokhuis, Martinusstraat 23, 3840 Gors-Opleeuw (Borgloon)
More info about route will follow after inscription.
online form :
formulaire d’inscription (Fra)
Your inscriptions for the weekend includes all the meals and a place to sleep
There is one price, also if you participate to a part of this weekend
To validate your inscription, pleas do your payment at last on May 7 :
on the account BE29 5230 8128 4964 (TRIOBEBB) of BelgEco,
mentioning: “spring” and “X” (= number of persons you pay for), and “membership” if applicable
– 95€ for members of BelgEco
– 115€ for non-members
– affiliation to BelgEco yearly = 12€ each
– if you want to support this initiative, you can pay more at your inscription (120€ or more)
already member after july 2022: valid till 31/12/2023
new member now : valid till 31/12/2023
formulaire d’inscription (Fra)
After your inscription you will receive an e-mail with confirmation and more information
Thank you, hope to see you soon !
BelgEco volunteers team
WHAT IS GEN BE (BelgEco):
BelgEco vzw/asbl is a new association of, by and for eco-communities. The association is recognized as the Belgian branch of GEN Europe .
BelgEco aims to combine the dynamics in our country around ecological communities, rural or urban, each of which strives in their own way for greater sustainability on a social, economic, cultural and ecological level.
We do this by building a collaborative network, supported and directed by existing eco-communites and supported by starting eco-communities and involved organizations, a network that is committed to a better world for the benefit of all living beings.
To this end, we organize activities, meetings, and training in our country, but also broader. We establish an inventory and we connect existing communities, initiatives and organizations. We also collect and disseminate information and inspiration.
website: https://belgeco.net/nl/belgeco-vzw-welkom/ (Ned)
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BelgEco/ (Ned/Fra)
* * * * *